We do not treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
However, because ADHD is a neurodevelopmental disorder and chiropractic care helps remove disturbances and balance the nervous system, many parents who are seeking natural, drug-free solutions to their child’s problem find chiropractic care extremely helpful.
- Inattention, hyperactivity, and easily distracted
- Difficulty concentrating and sitting still
- Constant fidgeting of the fingers, hands, feet, arms, and/or legs
- Inability to control impulsive thoughts or behaviors
- Remove food dyes, preservatives, and additives from the diet
- Focus on natural, organic foods grown without pesticides or herbicides
- Determine if an allergy is involved such as dairy or gluten and eliminate
- Eliminate all added sugars and artificial sweeteners
- Reduce the use of cleaning agents, detergents, flame retardants, fabric softeners, and other chemicals
These are all important steps to take regardless of your child’s health status.
Currently, the most popular treatment for ADHD is still the use of methylphenidate. More commonly known as Ritalin®.
Being a schedule 2, psychotropic, controlled substance that carries a long list of possible adverse effects, many parents look for alternatives to help their child.
Chiropractic: Natural and Safe
Instead of treating the symptoms of ADHD, chiropractic is focused on removing disturbances to your child’s nervous system. This allows their nervous system to achieve balance and be able to calm down.